Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Addicted to Cookbooks...

Although I have moved into my husband's house for 3+ months now, I have not fully unpacked everything yet.  The house was a little bit messy so we decided to slowly organize/clean/decorate each room slowly.  The first room we tackled was our living room.  were boxes, books that were piled up in towers leaning against the wall.  It felt very, college-dorm-ish.  SO, a few weeks ago, we went to the local store and bought 2 bookcases for our books.  After spending 2 hours trying to decipher the "simple" all pictures instructions, we managed to put together our two bookcases.  I was very proud of us!  So now we have a his/her bookcases that stand side by side. I thought it was interesting that I have so many cookbooks---and notice that they're all different cusines.  I ADORE cookbooks with pictures and can't help but browse through a few every time that I go to the bookstores.  I love trying different types of food and would get bored if I am forced to eat the same type of food everyday...


Moving on now to some food...I was looking for an easy and delicious chicken dish to make for dinner.  Lo and behold look at what I've found --- May I introduce you to the best chicken dish ever?...ever?? BOURBON CHICKEN (but actually needed no bourbon to make.) This dish is ridiculously easy!!! DELISH!!! Fabulous with rice. I will divulge this fantastic recipe below. 



Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Directions
1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken.
4. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.

1 comment:

Arch said...

aha... good to c a post after a looong break and even better to see a yummy chicken dish!! The recipe sounds pretty simple..guess I will try making this in my next cooking turn... :) and hey Nikki...I must say I am pretty impressed with ur cookbook collection!!!