Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The best rice ever...

Last night before bed, I ran across an old food episode hosted by Nigella Lawson. She made this flavored rice that I thought would go really well with the left over chicken curry. After work today, I attempted to make the same rice but I was really nervous because I did not note down her measurements of the ingredients so I guessed. Anyways, a little butter and oil to keep the butter from burning in a warm pan. To that you add a tsp of coriander pwder, a tsp cumin powder, and 1/4 tsp of turmeric to brown. After browning toss in 2 cups (rice cups not cooking cup) of rinsed rice to the pan and sauteed for a little bit to mix in the spices. I then pour the content into the rice cooker and follow the rice cooking direction. Instead of water, add chicken broth (4 cups for the 2 cups of rice.) The result - amazing, soft, flavorful rice. We were not hungry but managed to eat so much food (2 helpings for me and 3 for Kar). Boy, delicious! The chicken curry was tastier the day after now that the chicken had a chance to soak in the gravy...

DARN GOOD! so good we finished the rice before we had a chance to take pictures =oX

Tomorrow we have been invited to eat dinner at our Anush and Anita's place. I'm looking forward to some good eats...

1 comment:

Arch said...

well ya... i have gotten teh broth... so now am going to try this recipe soon..... :) and hey how was the dinner @ anush and anita's???